The Mission of the American Shire Horse Association is to maintain the integrity of an accurate registry and promote the Shire breed through excellence.
Purpose: (summarized from the ASHA Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation)
• To form, conduct and operate a non-profit organization composed in whole or in part of persons, firms and/or corporations having interest in the breeding and improvement of Shire horses;
• To foster and preserve the traditions pertaining to the Shire horse;
• To encourage original investigations in determination and development of the best types of horses and the breeding to only purebred sires;
• To assist in procuring and making available for breeding suitable stallions and mares;
• To collect, revise, preserve and publish the history and pedigrees of purebred horses, particularly Shire stallions and mares, under such regulations as may be prescribed by said organization;
• To do all and every other act or thing necessary, suitable and/or proper for the accomplishment of all or any of the purposes or in the furtherance of any of the powers herein set forth and to do every other act or thing incidental to or appurtenant to or connected with said powers.