How to Transfer Your Shire

The American Shire Horse Association Secretary is available during office hours to assist you with any questions you may have while registering your horse (Shire and Shire Sport Horse).

The ASHA Registration Rules outline that the following items must be provided to register your Shire or Shire Sport Horse.

1. Please read the “Instructions for transferring horses registered with the American Shire Horse Association”

2. You will need to submit the official ASHA Certificate of Registration.

3. Current owner should complete and sign the Application for Transfer of Ownership (on the back of the Registration) – Please include new owner’s contact information and date of sale.

4. Please send all documents and appropriate fees to the ASHA Secretary.